Sunday, March 8, 2015

Out with the Body Hate It is Time for B O D Y L O V E by -ArlettaUNLEASHED


Out with the Body Hate It is Time for Body Love
Each of us women remember the time in our life when ww went from being blissfully content with our body and unaware that there was something wrong with its shape size or weight to coming into the awareness that our body didnt measure up to the then “ideal body” type and that we were in fact fat and impossibly flawed. 
For me it was at the onset of puberty and I was gifted with these fabulous legs, thick thighs and strech marks. After putting on like 20 pounds and 4 inches in a growth spurt I was told to make sure that I don’t “get fat” and that “I better watch what I eat”. My thighs were just so damn big, or so I was told thus began my obsession with them. My strech marks I was informed were gross and I started feeling ashamed of them. 
Eating became torture because I had been convinced I was one forkful away from being iverweight and that is how my body hating began.

In my late teens I discovered that my 36B breast size fell in the too small category and I became self conscious about my breast and at college some random male acquaintance poked me in the stomach and commented about me needing to do some crunches snd I chose to believe him and thus began my waist hatred. I also came across an article that educated me about cellulite that up to that point I was not even aware existed let alone it being something else I should detest about my body. 
Notice any common themes here? I had to be taught that my body was ugly . Although I mentioned no names it was loved one and in most cases women at that who inteoduced me to body hatred and in each of those scenarios I choose to give up my power and take on a negative belief about myself and made this my new truth. And of course all of these areas of body hatred were towards my body parts that were the result of my being female.
Now mind you in highschool and college I was a super fine size 7/8 but with my warped body image I was huge and was disgusted everytime I looked in the mirror. Over time with healing and awareness I grew to love my breasts again and appreciate that due to their ‘small’ size they are still perky at the age of 40 amd came to accept my strech marks and no longer even notice so they are a non issue.
But for some reason I have held onto my hatred of my stomach and waist which has resulted in me creating a problem with storing fat there to absorb all of tge toxic thoughts and energy I direct towards it and no matter my size or weight the cellulite stays and the shame around my thighs remains.
As woman it is crucial that we are aware of the extent of our programming and socialization to detest our bodies and only find flaws with our gorgeousness. When stepping away from this body shaming and body hating paradigm it becomes really pathaligical and insane although it apoears normal from the inside. I have found even in my healing and releasing of all the negative programming associated with being female I have stubbornly clung to my remaining body hating issues because on some level I know that if I truly loved all of my beautiful self I would be betraying the agreements we have made as a culture in shaming and hating the female form. Have you ever tried to in the middle of a female bonding body shaming session announce that uour body was perfect and that you loved it exactly as it is.Try it and see how strong everyone pritwcts and maintains body hating. 
Body hating and committment to it plays out in so many ways. Ever wonder why it is so hard to take out the time to move your body even though it feels good to do so. It is all the negativity attached to our bodies and our committment to maintining the body hate that makes it so difficult to do something like exercise. 
A couple of weeks ago I had an eliphany that for me self-care pampering and nuturing my body were optional not mandatory nor first priority and decided to shift this. I also decided that it was time to end the body hating completely and hence the concept of the Body Love Challenge was born. 
I wanted to go through this process as a collective to share the love and share the healing because if a few women decided to release their body hatred and no longer fed into the body shame programming we can transform the experience of being female

#30DAYBODYLOVECHALLENGE #ARLETTAUNLEASHED #ITSPAMPERTIME #SEXYPOWERFULFEMININE

No comments:

Post a Comment